What can I expect if I decide to participate?
If you qualify and agree to take part, you will:
You will have an in-person visit to a research site so they can assess if you meet the criteria to participate in the study by:
- Asking you a number of questions about your NTM symptoms and the impact they have on your life
- Providing sputum samples
- Performing a full physical examination
- Reviewing your medical history and the medications and treatments you have received
- Performing a chest CT scan (type of x-ray) and ECG test
- Conducting other medical tests and procedures
If you qualify and agree to take part, you will be asked to attend monthly in-person visits at the research site. During the visits, you will:
- Complete questionnaries about your NTM symptoms
- Tell the research team about any medications you have taken and how you have been feeling
- Have physical and medical exams performed
- Provide sputum samples
- Have CT Scan and ECG tests (at two visits)
- Have other procedures and tests performed
During the Treatment Period, you will be asked to take study medication (investigational drug or placebo) every day for up to 3 months. You will not be able to take other medications to treat your NTM lung infection during this time.
Assistance with travel & expenses associated with travel to/from study visits may be provided.
About 30 days after you finish taking the study medication, you will have a phone call with the research site staff to tell them how you are feeling.